Science Inc.™ Accelerator
Funding and Programs
The Science Inc.™ Accelerator is a virtual, cohort-based accelerator for early-stage startups in the sciences. Over four months, participants work to advance their startup toward major goals to move their businesses more quickly toward success. The Innovation Space offers eligible startups an opportunity to apply for funding.
Applications for the Fall 2023 Cohort will open in Summer 2023.
What Businesses Are Saying
Joining Science Inc. was like adding four rockstar founders to our team in one day.Dalton Signor
Science Inc. Cohort 1 Founder & CEO, Breatheasy
How It Works
You’re building your startup. Now accelerate success with Science Inc.™ Over a four month period, you will:
- Achieve critical business milestones with the guidance of expert coaches and business curriculum
- Build a strong network of entrepreneurs, business leaders, and peer founders
- Gain access to investment opportunities
- Pitch their business to the investor community at Demo Day
- Access the Innovation Space community and coworking space
Upon graduation, you will be on the way to tackling your next business challenge – whether it is fundraising, building a product development process, or another hurdle.
Every year, Science Inc.™ Accelerator runs two cohorts. One runs February-May and the second cohort runs September-December. Participating in the accelerator is free of charge and involves an approximate 30 hour per month commitment.
- Weekly workshops with experts – on strategy, operations, fundraising, networking, business development, and more
- Weekly 1-on-1 coaching sessions – about goal setting, business planning, and making progress
- Pitch preparation – to develop a compelling entrepreneurial story and a powerful pitch
The experience concludes with a Demo Day event, where participants have the opportunity to pitch their companies to the Innovation Space’s investor community.
Qualifications and Participation
Science Inc.™ is open to founders or founding teams who are building a startup in scientific sectors including, but not limited to, industrial or agricultural biology, advanced materials, chemical compounds, healthcare, nutrition, and renewable energy. Qualified participants will have developed a technological innovation, completed foundational market research, and have begun to develop a business plan.
Optional Funding Opportunity
The Innovation Space offers Science Inc.™ applicants the additional opportunity to be considered for investment through the Innovation Space’s First Fund program. If a participating Science Inc.™ company is selected for First Fund, the Innovation Space invests $50,000 via a convertible note, which includes $25,000 in cash plus the $25,000 cost of the program.
Science Inc.™ participants may opt to forgo the investment opportunity and participate in the upcoming cohort free of charge.